A couple more hours before the new year! With the start of 2010 comes the beginning of the bridal season. Hundreds of brides will flock to wedding shows all over the world, shopping for wedding vendors, and also starting to think about their honeymoon.
Each wedding vendor has a certain set of questions a bride might want to ask before hiring them. Typically you might question a photographer about their package prices, how fast they will have your pictures available, how easy it will be for your guests to order from them, how much experience they have shooting weddings, and much more.
Whilst most every wedding vendor has a certain set of questions they will be asked, I oftentimes notice that brides do not qualify the honeymoon planner/travel consultant they want to work with. Here are a few ideas/tips/questions you might want to
use when selecting your honeymoon consultant.
- If you have an idea on where you would like to go on your honeymoon, tell the consultant. Use this opportunity to test their reaction. Are they simply acknowledging your choice, or do they actually seem knowledgeable about the destination.
- Who is going to do the work, you, or the consultant. By that I mean, does the consultant simply hand out brochures, or does the consultant setup an appointment with you first, in order to learn exactly what it is you are looking for?
- What type of travel is the consultant’s specialty? Do they cater to anyone, including family & business travel, or do they specialize in the romance travel sector.
- Does the consultant travel frequently and has first-hand experience in some of the most popular honeymoon destinations and resorts?
- Is the honeymoon consultant going to be there for you, not only during the booking process, but also once you travel?
- And, can you relate to the consultant. Do you feel this person will be able to understand what it is you are looking for.
Many of my All About Honeymoons colleagues will be represented at bridal shows nationwide. I encourage you to visit their booth (look for the logo), and submit them to the test.
Just like your wedding, your honeymoon is a once-in-a-lifetime event. It should be the best vacation you ever take. You should feel special, you should know what to expect, and most of all, you should be able to treasure those memories forever.